Sr. Associate, Internal Communications
Editor and copywriter
The Internal Communications editor and copywriter plays a pivotal role in the creation of professional-quality and compelling written communications for audiences within Sapient Consulting across a variety of mediums. The role provides a unique opportunity to partner with internal and business teams to create and share high quality stories about our work and our impact. He or she will also help build and execute against internal communications plans for key programs that impact over 4,000 people, including Enabling Your Potential and Ignite, both of which center around career growth and development within Sapient Consulting. These communications campaigns include company-level initiatives, business unit communications, recognitions programming and change management activities. This role reports to the Global Communications Lead for Sapient Consulting within the Sapient Consulting Marketing team.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Create and execute communications plans with internal stakeholders, including launch and change management communications for both email and Jive formats
- Write, edit, post, and proof content and copy to communicate internal initiatives in a way that is in line with Sapient brand and tone.
- Serve as the Ignite community owner, working with business stakeholders to understand requirements, sharing compelling growth stories from Sapient Consulting’s people, providing training and content guidance as needed.
- Partner with the People Success and Culture teams to support communications needs around people programming, recognitions, anniversaries and awards.
- Concept and plan for video deliverables, including creative briefs, scripting and content guidance to deliver professional-quality pieces.
- Track IC initiatives and regularly share progress.
- Interface with the design team to include compelling graphics in all communications.
Communicate and present copy to internal teams and partners
- College degree required, Masters’ degree preferred
- Demonstrated excellent editing skills in a professional setting
- Dynamic interpersonal and presentation skills
- Portfolio of copywriting samples
- Proven ability to negotiate and manage stakeholder expectations
- Ability to lead a team of non-supervisees at various levels of management to accomplish a goal
- Ability to show initiative and work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Sharepoint, Jive or CMS experience preferred including information design and basic HTML
- Proven professionalism and ability to meet deadlines in a high-energy environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit, desire to influence change and be part of a dynamic organization where anything is possible!
Community Engagement Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Community Education & Advocacy Manager
The Feminist Women’s Health Center provides accessible, comprehensive gynecological healthcare to all who need it without judgment. As innovative healthcare leaders, we work collaboratively within our community and nationally to promote reproductive health, rights and justice. We advocate for wellness, uncensored health information and fair public policies by educating the larger community and empowering our clients to make their own decisions. www.feministcenter.org
- Recruit, motivate, and engage supporters, interns, and volunteers into grassroots advocacy activities; training, intern, and volunteer programs; special projects, and committees.
- Proactively identify and encourage growth and leadership opportunities for volunteers including developing internal programs to provide training, education, and recognition to volunteers.
- Strategically align volunteer and intern skills, talents, and availability with organizational needs.
- Assist with identifying key constituencies or community partners and cultivating partnerships in support of reproductive rights, health and justice.
- Ensure and maintain timely data input of volunteer records in email list serves, database, etc.
- Plans and implements volunteer engagement activities such as weekly advocacy days (Jan-April), volunteer nights, film forums, phonebanks, trainings, tables, events, and other activities.
- Trains volunteers and supporters on the advocacy process, tabling & outreach, reproductive rights, health and justice issues, grassroots fundraising, etc.
- Represents FWHC (as well as other team members) in legislative coalitions, community events, tables, speaking engagements, and other functions as deemed appropriate by Supervisor.
- Write up-to-date content for websites, alerts, volunteer listserve messages, action kits, etc.
- Supervise organizing & outreach Interns and administer the internship program components.
- Assist Supervisor to ensure that department fundraising goals are met, including coordinating volunteers on grassroots fundraising events and working on volunteer-related grant proposals.
- Work with other staff and volunteers of the Health Center to coordinate activist, volunteer, and supporter recruitment and mobilization, with support from other CEAN staff.
- Organize, guide, and grow all new and existing activist volunteer committees of dedicated, highly motivated and skilled volunteers who have a particular interest and aptitude as needed (i.e. Legislative Advocacy, Event Planning, health education, community outreach, etc.), with support from appropriate team members.
- Bachelor level degree preferred. Two or more years of relevant work experience is required.
- Understanding of and commitment to reproductive health, rights, and justice issues is required.
- Familiarity with leadership development, volunteer coordination, or community organizing required.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, including computer skills. Attention to detail is a must.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including written skills. Public speaking ability or facilitation experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, manage multiple, simultaneous projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability & willingness to accommodate a flexible schedule, including some nights & weekends.
- Must have access to a reliable automobile and a driver’s license.
- Upbeat, positive, personable, and ability to relate well with diverse people and age groups.
Please submit a COVER LETTER and RESUME to: Feminist Women’s Health Center · 1924 Cliff Valley Way · Atlanta, GA 30329
Fax: 404-417-0878 or Email: email@example.com
Feminist Women’s Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation Department: Public Relations Specialist (Relocation Required)
Salary: $40,268 Annually
Department: Parks and Recreation/Public Information Services
Hours: 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday – Friday; required to work occasional weekends or evening hours during special events and public outreach engagements.
Other: Valid Florida Driver’s License and PBC Risk Management Department driving history approval prior to appointment.
- Professional public communications work involving a variety of proactive public information programs
- Coordinates various informational projects to maintain public awareness of the Parks and Recreation Department’s programs, needs, special projects and accomplishments
- Gathers, writes and edits material to be presented through social and traditional media, websites, speaking engagements, special events and printed/electronic publications
- Requires some independent judgment and initiative
- Performs work under the direct supervision of the Manager of Public Information Services Division through conferences, periodic reports and evaluation of results achieved
The Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners provides an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and life insurance as well as vacation and sick leave, tuition reimbursement and participation in the Florida Retirement System.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English or related field; minimum of one (1) year of experience in public affairs or public relations work including publication writing. Equivalency: Related Associate’s Degree and three (3) years of related experience.
PREFERENCE FOR EXPERIENCE IN/WITH: Public speaking; media relations; marketing; social media; journalism; special event coordination; graphic design using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop; web design using Adobe Dreamweaver (must specify on application).
HOW TO APPLY:
Visit www.pbcgov.jobs for job description and to apply online. May submit scannable application/resume with any Veteran’s Preference documentation to Palm Beach County Human Resources, 100 Australian Avenue #300, West Palm Beach, Florida 33406 Info 561/616-6888 Fax 561/616-6893 (No e-mail applications/resumes accepted). Applications/resumes must include Job ID number, and will be accepted no later than 5:00 p.m. on July 10, 2015. EO/AA M/F/D/V (DFWP)