Community Engagement Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Community Education & Advocacy Manager
The Feminist Women’s Health Center provides accessible, comprehensive gynecological healthcare to all who need it without judgment. As innovative healthcare leaders, we work collaboratively within our community and nationally to promote reproductive health, rights and justice. We advocate for wellness, uncensored health information and fair public policies by educating the larger community and empowering our clients to make their own decisions. www.feministcenter.org
- Recruit, motivate, and engage supporters, interns, and volunteers into grassroots advocacy activities; training, intern, and volunteer programs; special projects, and committees.
- Proactively identify and encourage growth and leadership opportunities for volunteers including developing internal programs to provide training, education, and recognition to volunteers.
- Strategically align volunteer and intern skills, talents, and availability with organizational needs.
- Assist with identifying key constituencies or community partners and cultivating partnerships in support of reproductive rights, health and justice.
- Ensure and maintain timely data input of volunteer records in email list serves, database, etc.
- Plans and implements volunteer engagement activities such as weekly advocacy days (Jan-April), volunteer nights, film forums, phonebanks, trainings, tables, events, and other activities.
- Trains volunteers and supporters on the advocacy process, tabling & outreach, reproductive rights, health and justice issues, grassroots fundraising, etc.
- Represents FWHC (as well as other team members) in legislative coalitions, community events, tables, speaking engagements, and other functions as deemed appropriate by Supervisor.
- Write up-to-date content for websites, alerts, volunteer listserve messages, action kits, etc.
- Supervise organizing & outreach Interns and administer the internship program components.
- Assist Supervisor to ensure that department fundraising goals are met, including coordinating volunteers on grassroots fundraising events and working on volunteer-related grant proposals.
- Work with other staff and volunteers of the Health Center to coordinate activist, volunteer, and supporter recruitment and mobilization, with support from other CEAN staff.
- Organize, guide, and grow all new and existing activist volunteer committees of dedicated, highly motivated and skilled volunteers who have a particular interest and aptitude as needed (i.e. Legislative Advocacy, Event Planning, health education, community outreach, etc.), with support from appropriate team members.
- Bachelor level degree preferred. Two or more years of relevant work experience is required.
- Understanding of and commitment to reproductive health, rights, and justice issues is required.
- Familiarity with leadership development, volunteer coordination, or community organizing required.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, including computer skills. Attention to detail is a must.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including written skills. Public speaking ability or facilitation experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, manage multiple, simultaneous projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability & willingness to accommodate a flexible schedule, including some nights & weekends.
- Must have access to a reliable automobile and a driver’s license.
- Upbeat, positive, personable, and ability to relate well with diverse people and age groups.
Please submit a COVER LETTER and RESUME to: Feminist Women’s Health Center · 1924 Cliff Valley Way · Atlanta, GA 30329
Fax: 404-417-0878 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feminist Women’s Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer