Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation Department: Public Relations Specialist (Relocation Required)
Salary: $40,268 Annually
Department: Parks and Recreation/Public Information Services
Hours: 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday – Friday; required to work occasional weekends or evening hours during special events and public outreach engagements.
Other: Valid Florida Driver’s License and PBC Risk Management Department driving history approval prior to appointment.
- Professional public communications work involving a variety of proactive public information programs
- Coordinates various informational projects to maintain public awareness of the Parks and Recreation Department’s programs, needs, special projects and accomplishments
- Gathers, writes and edits material to be presented through social and traditional media, websites, speaking engagements, special events and printed/electronic publications
- Requires some independent judgment and initiative
- Performs work under the direct supervision of the Manager of Public Information Services Division through conferences, periodic reports and evaluation of results achieved
The Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners provides an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and life insurance as well as vacation and sick leave, tuition reimbursement and participation in the Florida Retirement System.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English or related field; minimum of one (1) year of experience in public affairs or public relations work including publication writing. Equivalency: Related Associate’s Degree and three (3) years of related experience.
PREFERENCE FOR EXPERIENCE IN/WITH: Public speaking; media relations; marketing; social media; journalism; special event coordination; graphic design using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop; web design using Adobe Dreamweaver (must specify on application).
HOW TO APPLY:
Visit www.pbcgov.jobs for job description and to apply online. May submit scannable application/resume with any Veteran’s Preference documentation to Palm Beach County Human Resources, 100 Australian Avenue #300, West Palm Beach, Florida 33406 Info 561/616-6888 Fax 561/616-6893 (No e-mail applications/resumes accepted). Applications/resumes must include Job ID number, and will be accepted no later than 5:00 p.m. on July 10, 2015. EO/AA M/F/D/V (DFWP)