Sr. Associate, Internal Communications
Editor and copywriter
The Internal Communications editor and copywriter plays a pivotal role in the creation of professional-quality and compelling written communications for audiences within Sapient Consulting across a variety of mediums. The role provides a unique opportunity to partner with internal and business teams to create and share high quality stories about our work and our impact. He or she will also help build and execute against internal communications plans for key programs that impact over 4,000 people, including Enabling Your Potential and Ignite, both of which center around career growth and development within Sapient Consulting. These communications campaigns include company-level initiatives, business unit communications, recognitions programming and change management activities. This role reports to the Global Communications Lead for Sapient Consulting within the Sapient Consulting Marketing team.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Create and execute communications plans with internal stakeholders, including launch and change management communications for both email and Jive formats
- Write, edit, post, and proof content and copy to communicate internal initiatives in a way that is in line with Sapient brand and tone.
- Serve as the Ignite community owner, working with business stakeholders to understand requirements, sharing compelling growth stories from Sapient Consulting’s people, providing training and content guidance as needed.
- Partner with the People Success and Culture teams to support communications needs around people programming, recognitions, anniversaries and awards.
- Concept and plan for video deliverables, including creative briefs, scripting and content guidance to deliver professional-quality pieces.
- Track IC initiatives and regularly share progress.
- Interface with the design team to include compelling graphics in all communications.
Communicate and present copy to internal teams and partners
- College degree required, Masters’ degree preferred
- Demonstrated excellent editing skills in a professional setting
- Dynamic interpersonal and presentation skills
- Portfolio of copywriting samples
- Proven ability to negotiate and manage stakeholder expectations
- Ability to lead a team of non-supervisees at various levels of management to accomplish a goal
- Ability to show initiative and work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Sharepoint, Jive or CMS experience preferred including information design and basic HTML
- Proven professionalism and ability to meet deadlines in a high-energy environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit, desire to influence change and be part of a dynamic organization where anything is possible!