|Note to GSU Public Relations Students: Please email me if you want to apply. There are additional instructions for the position.
Social Media Specialist-653106
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables more than 450 million transactions daily across the financial, retail, hospitality, travel, telecom and technology industries. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier.
NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia with over 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries. NCR encourages investors to visit its web site which is updated regularly with financial and other important information about NCR.
Summary of Job Description
The Social Media Specialist will be responsible for evangelizing and implementing the corporate social media strategy across all areas of the company. He/she will be responsible for integrating social media tactics across all of NCR’s industry verticals with the goals of driving thought leadership and engagement. He/she will work closely with lines of business social liaisons, the communications team, HR and talent acquisition to support initiatives and uphold standards throughout platforms.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Assist in the tactics implementation of a coordinated, enterprise-wide social media plan for the various NCR lines of business to align with their inbound marketing strategies
• Assist in evaluating, planning, organizing, managing, monitoring and contributing to core NCR social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube to reach company targets and objectives via Sysomos Heartbeat, Hootsuite and native channels.
• Assist in governing social media channels across lines of business and global regions.
• Maintain the content calendar for NCR’s corporate social channels and attend monthly meetings with the design team and blog contributors.
• Track and collect relevant social media metrics and ensure timely, effective and efficient reporting of all social media efforts. Assist in analysis and action planning with Social Media Operations Manager.
• Assist in the development and ongoing training, support, and education to NCR’s social media contributors regarding the chosen social media management tool.
• Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities.
• Monitor, identify, and interpret trends in social media and make recommendations to enhance social program.
• Assist in educating employees on how to incorporate relevant social media techniques into both corporate culture and marketing efforts.
Basic Skills/Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum 2-4 years demonstrated experience in online and social media marketing
• Proven active involvement in social media activities such as blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn groups, RSS feeds, etc. (must have verifiable online presence)
• Outstanding project management and organizational skills. Must be detail-oriented.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Familiarity with SEO and Google Analytics
• Familiarity with WordPress CMS
• Proven proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint. Photoshop a plus.
• Must be both an independent worker capable of taking ownership of projects and meeting tight deadlines with moderate supervision, and a team player willing to compromise and take direction
**Visit our careers site (http://www.ncr.com/careers) for a list of the benefits offered in your region in addition to a competitive base salary and strong work/family programs.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
NCR is an equal opportunity employer. It is NCR’s policy to hire, train, promote and pay associates based on their job-related qualifications, ability and performance, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
: North America-United States-Georgia-Duluth
: Mar 9, 2015, 12:00:00 AM