Just in case you’re curious about this assignment, look at these interviews done by students:
Practitioner Interview #1 (Belmont University):
Practitioner Interview #2:
Practitioner Interview #3:
Final Interview Questions
- What is your name?
- What degree do you have?
- What was your major in college? Did you major in PR?
- Where did you attend college?
- How many years of experience do you have in public relations?
- Did you do any internships while you were in school? Were those valuable for you?
- Where else have you worked?
- Did you have any professional connections before going into the P.R. Industry?
- How did you build your network?
- For your network, who should be included in your network?
- Where do you work now?
- How long have you worked there?
- What is your title?
- What do you enjoy most about working here?
- What are specific job duties and responsibilities are required of you daily?
- What is a typical day look like for you?
- What type of PR activities do you supervise?
- What’s the biggest challenge you encounter regarding public relations for this company?
- What are the pro’s and con’s of the PR profession?
- What are the pros and cons of your job?
- Can you tell me about a project that you worked on that you are proud of?
- What is one skill set that you wish you would have focused on before entering your profession?
- What are some of the most pressing issues facing the industry?
- What are your opinions on diversity in public relations?
- What are your opinions on the gender salary gap?
- What do you think about the increasing number of women in the profession?
- What advice would you give anyone wanting a career in public relations?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?