- Center for Career and Professional Development
- Lamar University Ambassadors
- Television Academy Foundation Internships
Guest Speaker: Sandra Borne, Area Director for the Salvation Army Boys & Girls Club
Discussion of Chapter 3
- Dr. Tom Kelleher: Public relations as a management function
Discussion of the Practitioner Interview Assignment
In-class Assignment: Taking what you have learned and read so far, draft questions for the practitioner interview assignment. Incorporate material learned in the class and from the readings into the questions.
Write interview questions that will obtain the following information:
- Background information of the person’s educational and professional history.
- Background information on their professional experience
- Information about the company/organization in which the person works, i.e., where is it located, the kind of business it is, number of employees, type of products manufactured or sold, etc.
- Information about the person’s day-to-day activities including specific explanations of job roles, job duties and job responsibilities
- Information about what public relations activities the person does and/or supervises.
- Biggest challenges the person faces doing public relations for the company/organization.
- Identification of the publics of the organization and their importance to the organization
- His or her thoughts on pressing issues in public relations today (e.g., diversity in PR, gender pay gap, “fake news” and “alternative facts”)
In order to make sure you get the information you need for your paper, you must give careful thought to the questions you want to ask the person you interview.
Each group must come up with at least 15 questions. All groups should enter their questions in the comments section of this blog by the end of the class period. Good luck!