USHRN is seeking an IT/Social Media Intern with strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media websites. The intern hired for this position will need strong critical thinking skills in order to integrate into our vibrant and passionate team.
Responsibilities may include:
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks
- Assist with content management for Network website
- Monitor selected membership and partner listservs
- Develop a mechanism to link the USHRN website with other websites
- Assist in the preparation of periodic activity and news updates for distribution to member groups
- Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and more
- Website and social media optimization
- Keyword analysis
- At least 1-2 years of experience working with websites
- Solid understanding of software, hardware, and operating systems for MAC and PC
- Solid understanding of various social media outlets
- Familiarity with website development, computer programming, or content management systems (especially Salsa) preferred
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and factual accuracy
- An understanding of human rights and social justice
Preferred Majors: Information Technology, Computer Science, Marketing, Business, or Communications.
Competitive intern applicants will have completed a minimum of two years of undergraduate coursework. Candidates must be able to work with minimum supervision and commit to at least twelve weeks and 15-20 hours per week. There is no monetary compensation, but the position allows the intern to gain valuable experience, as well as a formal letter of recommendation upon satisfactory completion of the internship. USHRN volunteers and interns receive priority consideration for new opportunities, paid and unpaid. If interested, click here to submit an application online, or download the application document from this page and email to Rachel Fowler at firstname.lastname@example.org.