The Intern is responsible for assisting with implementing and monitoring projects within a specific set of accounts under the direction of the supervisor. S/he works closely with and supports the needs of the account teams. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Basic understanding of principles of PR
- Basic understanding of clients’ business
- Participation in brainstorms when invited by the supervisor
- Read and identify media clips from clipping services and on-line resources
- Assist with monitoring client competition coverage
- Pitch the media under the direction of the supervisor
- Assist with preparation of press kits for distribution
- Update media lists
- Assist with compilation of media coverage reports
- Familiarity with AP style
- Draft pitch letters and/or email pitch memos to vendors with the approval of the supervisor
- Conduct and compile research
- Basic understanding of key client information, including general business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers and competitors in the marketplace
- Basic understanding of research and media list building tools (Factiva, Edge, etc.)
The intern must be able to work effectively with a variety of account service staff within a specific set of accounts. S/he must have good organizational skills and the ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines. S/he must have solid knowledge of MS Office Suite and superior verbal and written communication skills. The Intern is generally someone who has recently graduated with a Bachelor’s degree and is looking for entry-level experience in Public Relations. S/he must demonstrate the ability to become a strong writer. Familiarity with the Public Relations discipline through past coursework or other internships is desirable.
Intern candidates must have interest in the public relations field and possess good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with others.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To apply, go here: https://djeholdings.taleo.net/careersection/us/jobdetail.ftl?job=151427