JCF COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
JOB DESCRIPTION –
JOB DESCRIPTION –
The Jim Collins Foundation seeks a Communications Manager to raise media visibility of the organization, communicate with supporters, and provide critical support for our events. JCF is a non-profit organization that funds gender-confirming surgeries for transgender people. We are primarily a trans-led organization, and trans-identified individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. No communications experience is needed; training will be provided.*
- Write and send press releases to JCF media lists.
- Respond to interview requests and coordinate with board/staff.
- Plan and coordinate press coverage for key events.
- Ongoing monitoring and tracking of media coverage.
- Write email newsletters.
- Coordinate with web staff.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, Google Docs.
- Desire to learn, contribute, and be part of a team.
- Passion for transgender health issues.
- Previous communications experience (media, email, online) a plus, but not required.
The Jim Collins Foundation is an entirely volunteer-run non-profit organization. Some individuals, however, go above and beyond the typical understanding of “volunteer” and the Communications Manager will be listed on the JCF staff page to honor their work and dedication. Requested commitment of approximately 5-10 hours per month.
*This is an incredible opportunity for someone to gain valuable communications skills and experience. Training will be provided, and the board will provide ongoing support (reviewing text, providing feedback, supporting promotion, etc).
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.
ABOUT JIM COLLINS FOUNDATION
The Jim Collins Foundation raises money to fund gender-confirming surgeries for transgender people who need surgery to live a healthy life, but have no ability to pay for it themselves. We recognize that for those people who require surgery for a healthy gender transition, lack of access to surgery may result in hopelessness, depression, and sometimes, suicide. The Jim Collins Foundation is a community-based initiative promoting the self-determination and empowerment of all transgender people. Read more about JCF here: http://jimcollinsfoundation.org/about-us/