American Institute for Research: Senior News Media Relations Specialist
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Part-time position: 40 hours/week
Position at the CDC in Atlanta. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
- Develop and implement national communications projects for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention (NCHHSTP).
- Develop and implement strategic media efforts to advance long-range communication objectives and manage short-term issues.
- Provide strategic counsel on key message development
- Work with communication team members to develop media outreach materials and activities, including press releases, press briefings, media fact sheets, opinion-editorials and press kits
- Coordinate media outreach: ensuring national, regional, and local media are informed and accurately reporting the latest key findings that influence prevention policy and programs.
- Media train subject matter experts and senior leadership for interviews.
- Develop messaging to reach diverse audiences through the news media, including at-risk populations, stakeholders, health care providers, policymakers, and public health partners.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis of media coverage and recommend refinement of approaches, messages, or overall strategy based on analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Public Relations or Public Health
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 10+ years media relations experience
- Experience translating complex scientific, epidemiologic, and medical information into clear language and messages
- Comprehensive knowledge of national media as well as best practices in advancing public health programs and policies through proactive and reactive media outreach.
- Extensive experience developing and implementing national media strategies to a variety of audiences.
- Proficient in Spanish preferred
For more information and to apply, click here: https://jobs-airdc.icims.com/jobs/8396/senior-news-media-relations-specialist/job?mode=job&iis=Job+Board&iisn=LinkedIn&mobile=false&width=716&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240